As Magento Developers we work on a lot of Magento Sites. Magento Table Rates are something which often tends to confuse our clients. With the range of complex magento country codes, region codes and no example format easily downloadable, it can be a little more difficult than necessary.
Here’s How to to use it:
- Download the Magento Table Rate Creator
- Open the Excel Document
- Be Sure to enable Macros (See slide for more info if necessary)
- Select the Country you’d like to ship to from the dropdown menu
- Select the Region from the dropdown
- Enter Order Subtotal
- If you’d like to match Postcodes, enter all the postcodes you’d like to match. One below each other in the postcodes section
- Enter the Shipping Cost for this Country, Region, Order Subtotal & Postcodes
- Click Populate
- Repeat until you have all the shipping config required.
- Copy and paste from the Output tab into the Magento Sample Table Rate CSV.
- Save this file
- Upload into your Magento Admin. (found at Admin > System > Configuration > Shipping Methods > Table rates ). If the upload option is not available change the Current Configuration Scope to Main Website
Or view the below slideshows for step by step instructions:
If you have any issues or need any help with this, just let us know in the comments below.